How Can I Lose Weight Without Gaining It Back?
It is not easy to lose weight. Before you know it, the scale has crept right back up again. For that matter, it is not easy to keep it off.
There are many benefits to losing weight. First of all there are the health benefits:
* Lower your risk of certain diseases – Those who maintain a healthy weight are at a lower risk of getting heart disease, high blood pressure, having a stroke, high cholesterol and other conditions.
* Increase your energy level – When you are not carrying around fifty or a hundred pounds of extra weight, you find that you can move a lot freer. This means playing with your kids and having fun in your own right.
Everyone wants to live longer. You stand a better chance if you maintain a healthy weight. Gaining weight has a profound effect on your internal systems. Metabolic issues like diabetes come into play when you are overweight. Women who are overweight are at risk for PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which can make it hard to get pregnant.
If you want to lose weight, here are some ways that you can stay motivated enough to do it.
1. Use the buddy system. Ask a person that you trust to help keep you accountable for your health. This can be in the form of daily calls or chats when you feel unmotivated to exercise.
2. Online dietary tools. There are many resources online to help you to eat right and make the necessary substitutions to enjoy some of your favorite foods. Sites like SparkPeople are free to sign up and use. You can even join forums and chat with others with the same issues to find help.
3. Join a weight loss group. For a fee, you can join Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig and others. You may be the kind of person who needs help getting started. It is hard to lose weight if you don’t know where to start. These programs provide face-to-face help as well as plenty of tools. If you have a busy schedule, programs with meals help you to stay on track when you have no time to cook.
4. Cook more. For people with families, losing weight can be a challenge. When you cook at home, you know what is in your food. Using fresh ingredients not only tastes better but also provides more filling foods to keep the hunger bug away.
Weight loss and maintenance are not easy goals but they are so worth the effort. Knowing the benefits of losing weight and the drawbacks of gaining it back, helps you to decide to take the plunge. The four points above are just a few ways to help you stay motivated to realize your goals.