Finding the Right Gym For You
Everyone is flocking to the gym to get into shape. If you want to join in, be sure that the gym you choose is right for you.
A gym membership is not to be taken lightly. After all, once you sign on the dotted line, you have made a two or three year commitment. The payment is made each month whether you darken the gym door or not. Who wants to give away free money?
There are a variety of gyms, probably right in your city. They range from small family-oriented centers to large megaplexes with all the equipment and amenities you could ever ask for. But, the decision of what suits your needs is up to you.
Before hitting the gym, ask yourself a few questions:
* When do you have time to work out?
* Will your children accompany you to the gym?
* What can you afford to pay?
* How far will you travel from home to reach the gym?
* What exercises do you like to do?
Don’t be afraid to visit gyms before signing up. They love for you to come in and let them pitch their amenities to you. Be mindful of the questions you have and ask them.
* Check to see what the hours of the facility are. Smaller gyms usually keep to a nine-to-five schedule. If you have no time to work out in the morning, you are going to be out of luck. Larger facilities with a bigger membership have hours to fit the needs of a variety of clients. You may be able to work out as early as six in the morning or as late as eleven o’clock or midnight.
* Childcare is a big issue when it comes to finding time to visit a gym and get a daily workout. Gyms with childcare options are more attractive. Look at the times that the play area is open. Be sure it co-ordinates with your needs.
* Gyms are always running promotional membership ads, especially when they are new to town. What would cost you fifty or sixty dollars a month may be half that during the promo period. Get in to the gym of your choice early for better deals.
* Some fitness chains have multiple centers in one city. Check to see if you can freely move between facilities or if you must stay with the center where you signed up. Just in case, join the one that is closest to your home or job.
* Gyms have a variety of set-ups. Some are mostly weights and fitness machines. Others offer aerobics classes, a basketball court, swimming pool or areas for personal training.
Exercise your body and mind at a Virgin Active gym and fitness centre.