Changes and Well Being
We are all faced with changes in our lives. How we handle those changes can directly affect our overall well being.
Before you do anything, make a list. This list will help you to prioritize your life. Most of us simply say that we need a total overhaul, but there have to be some specifics or we won’t even get past square one. Look at what is most affecting you right now that needs to change. This will be the first step.
* Take it slow – Changes don’t come overnight. It took a lifetime to develop those habits that led to where you are now. It won’t take a lifetime to sort it out but it will take some time. Understand that you will have setbacks, but that doesn’t mean that you have failed and should give up. Pick yourself up and get moving again.
* Try the 30-day makeover – They say that it takes about two weeks to make or break a habit. So, in 30 days, you will have it down pat. Whatever you decide to change about yourself, a month gives you enough time to see if the changes will stick and if they are right for you.
* Watch what you eat – One of the great pleasures in life is eating food. Eating good foods will strengthen your body and your mind. It is one key to better health and outlook on life. Wean yourself off of certain unhealthy foods a little at a time until you don’t want to eat them anymore or can handle them in moderation once in a while.
* Begin an exercise program – Exercise not only helps you look better but also increases concentration and a sense of wellbeing. Endorphins are released to elevate your mood like a great pick-me-up just when you need it. Start off with a simple exercise like walking and then add in strength training to tone muscles and prevent bone loss.
* Develop a daily regimen – We often lack order in our lives. We get up at different times and go to sleep whenever we fall into bed. Sleep is the restorative phase of our lives. The body has time to process what has happened during the day and also repair our bodies. When we don’t get enough sleep, stress begins to affect us and not in a good way. No matter whatever else is going on, decide to get up and go to bed at the same time as a routine. You will learn to prioritize your day to get the rest and relaxation that you need.